When one thinks of California, seafood and amazing vegetarian dishes typically come to mind. Well, if you happen to be moving to the area and are not a fan of either, you need not be worried; you will not go hungry in the city. Your San Jose movers will tell you that there are some unique restaurants here that offer some delicious surprises. Not to mention, there are some phenomenal venues to enjoy dessert at. Yes, dessert! There is a common misconception that Californians don’t eat dessert so they can have a beach-ready body year-round; this is absolutely not true!
Your Silicon Valley-bound taste buds are sure to be tempted by some of the recommended places below.
- Gulzaar Halaal Restaurant & Bakery – This restaurant looks a little shady on the outside but offers a wonderful dining experience. The owner is incredibly friendly and always there to greet you with a smile, and this is not your typical Middle Easter restaurant. It is a unique blend of Indian, Middle Eastern and South African. You won’t get dishes like this anywhere else. The food is inexpensive but flavorful, and they have homemade desserts. What more could you ask for?
- Willow Glen Creamery – You can grab dessert here and never get bored, or run out of flavor combinations. Their frozen custard is like a harmonic blend of ice cream and froyo too! A few recommended flavors to try include strawberry cheesecake, peanut butter cup, coconut pineapple and pumpkin. Oh, and don’t be afraid to mix and match flavors!
- The Boiling Crab – First of all, do not try to get a table at dinner time unless you don’t mind waiting a couple hours. What’s unique about this place is you get a bib, and your food is served in a bag! The bag is said to preserve the flavors; plus, it is fun to eat out of! The Fried Catfish Basket is a popular pick.
- Charlie’s Cheesecake Works – You can get 35 cheesecake poppers for $19.99! They are supposed to be thawed, but they are delicious right out of the freezer. This way, they sort of just melt in your mouth. They have samples too, so you don’t have to commit to a flavor until you have tried it. Plus, you can pick up to seven flavors in an order of 35. You will definitely want to try cappuccino, key lime, and raspberry. It also helps that Charlie is about the friendliest guy you will ever meet.
- Banana Crepe – The crepes are huge and amazing here, but what really draws the crowd is the shaved ice, especially on a hot day! A mango and guava combination of shaved ice is delicious, and they even have Li Hing powder and condensed milk you can add to it.
- Loves Cupcakes – What would a sweet treat list be without a cupcake place, right? They are delicious and beautifully decorated. Plus, you will appreciate the fantastic flavor options, such as cinnamon streusel, strawberry shortcake, salted caramel, red velvet, snickers and blueberry lemon zest. Some have fillings, and they are topped with either light and fluffy frosting or heavenly ganache. They are a little pricey, but your San Jose movers will tell you that they are more than worth it. They are perfect if you need treats for a dinner party too.