Check out your new neighborhood by having a picnic in the park. Need a suggestion on a healthy dish to pack? We love Pan-Seared Brussel Sprouts with Cranberries & Pecans from blogger, Rachel Schultz.
Pan-Seared Brussel Sprouts with Cranberries & Pecans
- 1 pound brussels sprouts, de-stemmed and halved
- 2/3 cup fresh cranberries
- 1/3 cup gorgonzola cheese, crumbled
- 1/3 cup pecans
- 2 cups barley, cooked
- 1 tablespoon maple syrup
- 1 tablespoon balsamic vinegar
- Olive oil
- Salt & pepper
- Heat skillet with drizzling of olive oil over medium heat. Season brussels sprouts with salt & pepper and combine with cranberries in skillet.
- Cook sprouts and cranberries for 8-10 minutes, until berries begin to burst and sprouts become tender. Add balsamic vinegar and maple syrup. Stir to coat and remove from heat.
- Toss barley, sprouts, cranberries, and pecans in a large bowl. Top with gorgonzola and serve.
See this, and other recipes at RachelSchultz.com.