If you are planning a move to Raleigh, and you have, or are planning to have children, they will feel as though they hit the jackpot here! The way kids feel about this city is the way singles feel about Las Vegas or surfers feel about California. Although there is plenty for adults to do, it is almost as if this place was designed for children. If your Raleigh movers have children of their own, they will likely be able to point you in the direction of a long list of attractions. Otherwise, this list will keep you busy for a while.
- Frankie’s Fun Park – You may be able to get your kids to clean their room, do the dishes, take out the trash and ace their math test all in the same week, if you bribe them with Frankie’s Fun Park! You will find laser tag, a funhouse, arcade, batting cage, mini golf, bumper boats, rides, go-karts and a whole lot more. Seriously, you could come here every day and never get bored, and this is a place where adults can have fun too!
- Raleigh IcePlex – Kids can ice-skate here year-round and Tuesdays are only $3, which includes skate rental. So, if you are on a budget after the move, this is a great place to take the kids to burn energy, without spending much money. There are hockey teams and figure skating lessons to get involved with as well.
- Jelly Beans Skate Center – This is the best place around for roller and in-line skating. There is music and a light show, and the maple hardwood surface is a lot easier to skate on than the uneven sidewalk. There is a video game room and snack bar here too.
- Adventure Landing – Similar to Frankie’s, this place also has go-karts, batting cages, laser tag, miniature golf and an arcade. This is a popular place for birthday parties!
- Go Bananaz – This place has everything from mechanical bull rides to indoor bumper cars to a swinging pirate ship. Of course, like most other venues here in Raleigh, you will also find an arcade suitable to keep anyone occupied for a while.
- North Carolina Museum of Natural Science – Here you will find a dinosaur with a fossilized heart! There are tons of hands-on exhibits, a two-story waterfall and even a conservatory full of butterflies and hummingbirds.
- Marble Kids Museum – There is so much to take in when you first walk through the doors, kids tend to just stop and marvel for a few minutes before proceeding. There are fun exhibits to interact with and a huge IMAX theater with more than 20 million tiny holes!
- Pullen Park – This is a hot spot for spring and summer. Pullen Park has swimming pools, kiddie boats, a carousel, mini train, tennis courts and softball fields.
- Historic Yates Mill County Park – If you ask your Raleigh movers where to go so your kids can indulge in nature and fresh air, they will likely send you here. Not only is there a historic mill here to tour, there are also walking trails and plenty of wildlife and waterfowl to watch too.