As with most state capitols in the country, Topeka offers a huge selection of restaurants. When moving here, your taste buds will be thoroughly satisfied as you try out one fantastic venue after the next. Whether you are looking for a hotspot to find healthy options for lunch or if you are after a fine dining experience for a proposal or wedding anniversary, you will find a restaurant here to suit your needs.
Below are just a few of the many venues offering good eats in Topeka, Kansas.
- Tup Tim Thai – Just saying the name of this restaurant is enough to put you in a good mood, but when you see how much food you get for such an affordable price you may find yourself on cloud nice for the rest of the day. The décor is not glamorous by any means, but the food is delicious especially the curry dishes. If you are brave enough, try the dishes served at the Thai hot spicy level, but make sure you have a full glass of water and an attentive server for refills. A top recommended dish is the Parang Curry as it offers sweet coconut undertones.
- Blind Tiger Brewery – Rest assured you will likely find yourself at this cool neighborhood pub a lot, especially in the summer when the patio is open. This is a great place to watch the big game as flat screens are thoughtfully placed throughout the venue and the beer selection is fantastic, especially if you are into microbrews. The fried pickles are a great way to start your meal. The menu here is quite extensive with everything from grilled dishes to the southwest options to generous-sized sandwiches.
- Rowhouse Restaurant – This is definitely a unique restaurant in the city, and it offers a very romantic atmosphere. If you are single and hitting the dating scene in Topeka, this is a favorite spot to start a night out on the town. The menu changes weekly and is inspired by show tunes. If you want to satisfy your inner foodie, go on Wednesday when Chef Greg’s tasting menu is available. This gives you the opportunity to try a sample of every item on the menu for that particular week. The great thing about this restaurant is every week you can go and see new exciting options to choose from.
- The Burger Island – When nothing else will do besides a juicy burger with the works. The Burger Stand will satisfy you craving. The burger selection is extensive, but this restaurant caters to vegetarians too with black beans and falafel burgers. There are even eight different types of fries, including smoked tofu, sweet potato, and truffle.
- Blue Moose Bertorelli – This restaurant is as ideal for a casual date night as it is to enjoy a meal with the entire family. If you have a large group, a private room can be reserved, and there is also an outdoor patio. The menu here is ridiculously huge so there is something for everyone. Recommended appetizers include crab cakes, shrimp wontons, and the spinach artichoke dip. For your main dishes, you cannot go wrong with the “Build-Your-Own” Mac ‘n Cheese which allows you to add lobster, truffles, shrimp, pork belly pig and numerous other ingredients for the ultimate customized dish.