If you are new to the area and you ask your friends, neighbors, and coworkers where they are from, you will find that a good percentage of residents in Cleveland have relocated from somewhere else. It is like New York City in this aspect but on a much smaller scale. The great thing about this is that a cultural melting pot always dictates a fantastic selection of diverse food opportunities. One thing you will discover here is that this city is a haven for the foodie. Whether you are looking for a fine dining experience, some wholesome pub food or gourmet dessert, your options are plentiful. Plus there are just as many budget-friendly options as there are expensive ones, so if you are new to the area, or have just moved into your first apartment, you will be able to treat yourself to something special, without putting a huge dent in your paycheck.
- Superior Pho – Don’t let the exterior appearance or the bland atmosphere that welcomes you inside scare you away; the Pho that they offer here is phenomenal. This rice noodle soup features cuts of whole white meat chicken, thinly sliced steak or tofu, and is then brought to life with cinnamon, anise, ginger and other surprises. Of course, there is a lot more to enjoy on the menu too!
- Presti’s Bakery – From cannoli to crème brulee to cassata cake, Presti’s Bakery will satisfy every sweet tooth. Tempting treats are not the only things available though, this venue offers delicious pizza and Stromboli too. Forget your diet when you walk in the door; there is no way you are getting out of this place without breaking your calorie counter.
- L’Albatro’s – Here you will enjoy French cuisine at its finest and a pretty hefty bill to match. This is where you go for a special occasion, or if you just have money burning a hole in your pocket. They offer fantastic cheese plates, and a remarkable wine selection too.
- Sweet Moses – You will find a delicious assortment of ice-cream here, including dairy-free options. The sundaes are enormous, and there are mouthwatering peanut butter sandwiches that you can fill with everything from bacon to marshmallows!
- Crop Bistro – This venue has become a landmark of the food scene in Cleveland. The building is beautiful, offering sculpted ceilings and colorful murals, and the service is unparalleled. The menu is creative, and food presentation is top-notch. A few recommended options include the Braised Pork Belly, Waldorf Salad, Oyster Stew and Grilled Tasmanian Salmon.
- Lolita – From the minute you walk through the door you will be addicted. Lolita’s offers a dim, retro vibe with dark wood, incandescent lights, and little piggy statues. Then, you quickly find that the bartenders and servers are spectacular. If that is not enough, the food should seal the deal. Of course, considering this is one of Michael Symon’s restaurants, exceptional food should be expected from this chic Tremont neighborhood boutique. A few things you absolutely must try include the Crispy Pig Tails & Ears appetizer, Pear Pizza and the Macaroni made with chicken, goat cheese and rosemary.