What can we say? New Yorkers recognize the benefits of using Unpakt to hire their movers, whether for in-city moving or leaving town — and they like to provide reviews and feedback, so you can count on them to weed out the competition. So let your fellow New Yorkers help– hiring a moving company just got easier with this list. We compiled the best movers based on actual customer reviews to honor (and highlight!) February’s best-rated movers. All of this month’s moving companies are tried and tested by your fellow Unpakt readers. And the winners are…
- Soho Moving & Storage, Inc. is not only a full-service moving company but offers their own storage units for the belongings that you won’t be taking with you — or if you’re headed off on a world tour, they’ll move your things and keep them safe while you’re gone.
Naomi had this to say about her experience: “Soho Moving & Storage were wonderful to work with! They were punctual and completed my long move in one day even with delivering to a 5th story walk up!! All my large furniture items were in great shape when delivered, not even a scratch! Very professional and courteous, would highly recommend them for anyone’s upcoming move.”
- Simply Moving is based in the Bronx and prides themselves on the “family feel” that they create amongst their staff. With rigorous staff training and the most efficient equipment and technology they can find, Simply Moving is striving to constantly improve on the moving model.
Stephen appreciated their efficiency on his move to Virginia: “Our move went well. The movers did a great job and could not have been any better. They were quick, efficient and knew what they were doing. They were even able to accommodate our request to have the move delivery to take place the next day due to our actual move-in date at our new apartment. We are very satisfied with the move. We would definitely recommend Simply Moving!”
- Van Express Movers doesn’t just give you a quote, they help you develop a comprehensive moving plan. Based in New Jersey, they are familiar with the ways of the city but can also help make your cross-country move smooth, efficient, and cost-effective.
Their professional movers made Tyler a happy traveler: “I could not have had a better experience with van express. The mover was extremely professional and could not have been nicer throughout the entire process. Along with taking great care to move all of my furniture, Van Express was also more than willing to give me a ride on the trip up from New York to Boston. I would definitely use Van Express again on a future move.”
- S&D Moving Co. might be small, but that’s what gives them that personalized feel. Steer clear of the red tape and headaches that can come along with larger companies and S&D will take good care of you, person to person. They have a range of size in trucks, meaning you don’t have to pay for an oversized vehicle when all you need is a van — and their calm, professional staff will help you feel confident about your move.
It sure helped Jillian: “I was a complete, and utter mess on move day. My movers had such a good attitude and were so confident they could solve all my moving dilemmas, that it completely put me at ease. Least stressful move day I’ve ever had. They really swooped in and saved me. Thank you!”
- We Move U.S., based in Brooklyn, has been moving people in and around the Tri-State area for over ten years — so they know how to navigate the streets of New York as well as the highways of New Jersey. What’s more, they promise no extra charge for hauling your belongings up flights of stairs, even though NYC’s eccentric apartment buildings are known for their lack of elevators.
Sofia reviewed We Move U.S. on Yelp: “Everything was packed perfectly and moved without incidents. When they got to the new house, they quickly unloaded our belongings and reassembled all our furniture in the exact rooms I wanted. They were amazing and courteous and best of all they really took great care of our stuff.”
Best of luck with your move — and check back to see who gets top ratings in March!