It’s no secret that customer referrals are the best way to truly get a sense of your potential moving company’s reliability and professionalism — and since we at Unpakt are committed to making your moving experience efficient and smooth, we know that hiring the right moving company is enormously important. That’s why once again, we’ve collected a list of highly recommended and well-reviewed best movers to help with all of your moving needs. This month they’re scattered across Virginia, Maryland, New Jersey, and upstate New York — so if you’re relocating in the northeast, we might just have you covered.
- Movers on Duty, based in Gaithersburg, Maryland, believes they should win your respect with hard work and competitive prices. What’s more, they’ll go above and beyond if you’d like — they’ll clean your rugs, wash your carpets, transport your pets, and even arrange for a limousine to pick you up if you’d like to move in high style.
They’ve won themselves an A among Unpakt users, one of whom said: “Gabriel, Sam, and the crew were excellently professional. I recommend them hands down. Great guys, great work ethic great drive. Any obstacle that came up, they figured it out.”
- All N 1 Stop is really an accurate name for this Capitol Heights, Maryland, company — they provide everything from residential cleaning and bulk trash removal to furniture disassembly and commercial moving. So rest assured that they can handle your residential move efficiently and with expert-level skill, whether you’re moving in the metro DC area or beyond.
Ashley W. had a great experience: “I have moved about 6-7 times with movers and this company, especially James and his team, stands out in the best of ways. There were a few issues and tough spots, but these gentlemen had solutions every time, making a somewhat challenging move issue-free. So bottom line, these guys are modestly priced but you get seriously superior service!!”
- Bookstore Movers is based in Arlington, Virginia, and “started in 2005 as a way for fellow employees of an independent used bookstore on Capitol Hill to earn some additional money so that one day they might collectively have enough to purchase the bookstore when the current owner retires.” Not only is this a fantastic story of beginnings, but that company has now been awarded “Best DC Movers” by Washington City Paper for four years in a row. What started out as a side job has become a highly successful and well-regarded company.
Adrienne had this to say: “”Best move ever! Mario and his Bookstore movers were fast, did not so much as ding any of my furniture or the walls, and had great attitudes.”
- Schneider Transport and Moving Services in Paterson, New Jersey, has over 20 years of experience in the moving business. They use only the best equipment, and can even handle last-minute moving needs or help you find a storage unit quickly. Their team will even help you find ways to make your move more efficient during the process, so don’t hesitate to ask questions.
Lourdes had a great experience with Schneider: “The best experience I had in moving my furniture from North Jersey to South Jersey…the couple of movers, Ed and Joe were just awfully nice, quick, careful and meticulous in transporting my furniture…bed, bureau, bookcase, mirror, antique coromandel, boxes of other items…”
- Q’s Moving Corp in Whitestone, New York, is a family-run business with ten years of service under their belts. “Q stands for Quality”, and they say they want you to feel like you’re family — so they treat each customer like they would their own relatives. That means take whatever steps necessary to be sure you’re 100% satisfied with the move at the end of the day, no matter what.
Frank was very pleased with how accommodating they were: “These guys were fantastic. I booked late, and I originally wasn’t able to secure the early morning move I wanted, but [the owner] managed to arrange to have a crew come at 9 AM. Our crew of two were friendly and professional, worked hard and quickly, and were very gentle with all of our stuff. I’m happy to say that nothing was damaged and that everything was treated with the utmost care.”
Best of luck with your move — though if you book your full-service movers through Unpakt, we’re pretty sure it’s going to be just fine!